Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Why Storehouse?

Names are important!  When I was considering what to name my business, I was drawn to a familiar Bible passage.  I resisted even looking it up because I kept thinking it didn't have anything to do with naming my business!  [Psst: never resist when the Holy Spirit is nudging.]

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in Mine house, and prove Me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
(Malachi 3:10)

This is going to sound unconventional, but the Lord spoke to me through this verse to start my business by culling a tenth of my possessions.  When I winced, He promised me I'd never miss it.  ;)

Now, I am not a wealthy woman and I don't have a warehouse full of possessions.  [:cough:cough: I have Junk Gypsies warehouse envy.]  But I do have a garage with boxes of stuff.  And a storage unit or two with stuff.  I'm making the change in my mind from "my stuff" to "my inventory."  (Granted, most of those things have been waiting for when we built our "forever home.")  This is me starting where I am with what I have.  And I have a feeling I may end up putting more than a tenth into the collective treasury before it's all said and done.

Some of you are thinking.  "That's not what this verse is talking about.  It has nothing to do with business.  It's talking about tithing and..."  I know.  I know.  But I also know what the Lord spoke to me.  And I am learning not to argue with Him.

A storehouse is a depository, armory, cellar, garner, treasure house, treasury.  It's a place to put things in order for ample provision at a later time.  

This business will change and grow on the journey, but for now, the humble beginnings are a tenth of the things the Lord has blessed me with that I am putting in good keeping to share with others so that both our needs are met, yours and mine.  These things have been a part of my story or another's story, but their next chapter will be in someone else's book.  Maybe yours?  Here we go...





No comments:

Post a Comment