Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Beauty In The Transition

Have you sensed it yet?  That whiff of Autumn in the air...the "perfect" weather days...the pumpkin things on the shelves in the stores...the marching bands practicing right out loud...ah, we're on the cusp of my very. favorite. season.  But we're not quite there yet.




The last few weeks of whatever season I'm in, I'm always ready for the next.  I have to remind myself to slow down and finish enjoying this season.

I currently find myself in a season of sending one of my kids into the world.  I look forward to it and it can make me sad, too.  Yes, the next season will be mostly wonderful, but there will be other #notfabulous aspects which will tempt me to fear, dread or be disappointed.

But what about right now, in this moment?  What beauty will I miss if I throw myself into the trappings of the next season too soon or spend every spare moment anticipating or dreading what is coming?

Enjoy every drop of the last fleeting moments of summertime...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to have beef stew again. Just made chili last week. Ironically, it's hotter here in September than June, but... it's the thought that counts, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete