Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Podcasts

One of the little pleasures of life is the invention of podcasts (via iTunes).  I love that I can multi-task by putting in my earbuds and listening to great content all day long while I am doing something productive with my hands, on the treadmill, for the long drives to town and back or on road trips.

The sky is the limit as far as topics and types of podcasts out there.  I'm pretty picky with what goes into my brain.  I like to keep it educational, informative, smartly funny or inspiring.  Here are some of my current favorites that fit the bill:

Stuff You Missed In History Class
A Prairie Home Companion
TEDTalks Audio
TEDTalks Radio Hour
BBC World Service Global News
Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me (NPR)
That Sounds Fun (Annie F. Downs)
Hopeologie (Myquillin Smith & Emily P. Freeman)
The Big Boo Cast (Sophie Hudson & Melanie Shankle)
Grace Talks (Edie Wadsworth)
The Slow Home Podcast (Brooke McAlary)
The Splendid Table
Bethel (Bethel Redding)

What about you?  Do you listen to podcasts?  Which are your faves?

1 comment:

  1. My faves are "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" and Alton Brown's "The Alton Browncast" (which has been silent since December... sigh).

    ReplyDelete